This 1.5-day workshop will include a short introduction to next-generation sequencing theory and an introduction to Galaxy. The hands-on component of the workshop will cover the concepts of de novo assembly and initial annotation of a genome from short-read NGS data.
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics support for Grant Applications
Help with drafting grant applications
QFAB provides free consultations to help researchers from member universities draft research grant applications that include bioinformatics, biostatistics and biodata. Examples of areas in which QFAB can help are:
- Experimental design (e.g. power calculations)
- Clinical trial statistical analysis plan
- Analysis methods
- Bioinformatics resources and compute infrastructure
- Data management plan
- Content and pilot analysis to include in the application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment for video or face-to-face consultations.
- By video conference, any weekdays, 9am - 5pm for all members
- UQ - any weekday at St Lucia
- Griffith Uni - Thursday morning at Southport and afternoon at Nathan
- QUT - Tuesdays mornings at Kelvin Grove and Gardens Point