This hands-on workshop will introduce the building blocks of the Python scripting environment. Participants will learn about basic programming concepts including simple and complex data types, conditionals and looping that are applicable to Python and other languages.
Members' clinics in bioinformatics, biostatistics and biodata
Who is this service for?
Researchers and Higher Degree Research students from member universities can receive free consultations to help with research projects, publications and upcoming grant applications.
Click here to Request an appointment
What is this service for?
QFAB Bioinformatics can provide advice related to bioinformatics, biostatistics and biodata. We can provide:
- Advice on experimental design
- Recommendation and coaching on analysis methods
- Analysis of data
- Interpretation of results
- Choice and use of software
- Access to bioinformatics resources and compute infrastructure
- Recommendations on Data Management Plans
- Content and pilot analysis for grants
- Publication revision & help with reviewer comments
How does it work?
Face-to-face consultations with a QFAB Team member by appointment. Please email email@example.com.
When are clinics available?
- By video conference any weekdays, 9am-5pm for all members
- UQ any weekdays (at IMB)
- Griffith Uni on Thursday morning (at MHIQ) and afternoons (at Eskitis)
- QUT on Tuesday mornings (IHBI and SEF).
Need for more?
QFAB’s Analysis Hotel allows students and researchers to perform their analysis embedded within the QFAB Team at UQ’s Institute for Molecular Bioscience (IMB). The QFAB Team will help researchers and students to access tools, platforms, data and international resources as well as providing advice for the analysis.