This hands-on workshop will introduce the fundamentals of the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language.
Data preparation, processing and reporting using R (21-Feb-2017)
Tue, 21/02/2017 (All day)
This hands-on workshop will introduce users of the R software environment to the techniques involved in generating reproducible, dynamic data analyses and reports. Using literate programming approaches, participants will learn to build automated reusable reports in R.
Practical exercises will include integration and manipulation of datasets, quality control checking of datasets and how to produce high-quality tables and charts.
- Building dynamic reports for reproducible research with literate programming techniques
- Reformatting data and summarising and integrating datasets
- Generating high-quality graphic presentations of data
- Producing reusable scripts in R
- Import tabular data files into R
- Use R to merge data from two or more files based on common fields
- Extract data from a table and summarise it in both text and graphical formats
- Create a RMarkdown template that combines automated data analysis with free-form text interpretation