This hands-on workshop will introduce the building blocks of the Python scripting environment. Participants will learn about basic programming concepts including simple and complex data types, conditionals and looping that are applicable to Python and other languages.
Hypothesis testing using R (18-Jul-2017)
Tue, 18/07/2017 - 09:00 to 17:00
The main purpose of this hands-on workshop is to familiarize participants with key concepts of inferential statistics using the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language. Participants will learn about how to compute, report, and interpret hypothesis tests using R for popular statistical models such as correlation, contingency tables, chi-square test, t-test and ANOVA. To facilitate the learning process the main concepts will be illustrated by concrete examples and exercises.
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables using specific R packages to illustrate the results
- Interpret the output and report the results
- This one-day workshop will provide attendees with a friendly, gentle introduction to the theory behind hypothesis testing with R.