This hands-on workshop will introduce the fundamentals of the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language.
Hypothesis testing using R (24-Oct-2017)
Tue, 24/10/2017 - 09:00 to 17:00
The main purpose of this hands-on workshop is to familiarize participants with key concepts of inferential statistics using the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language. Participants will learn about how to compute, report, and interpret hypothesis tests using R for popular statistical models such as correlation, contingency tables, chi-square test, t-test and ANOVA. To facilitate the learning process the main concepts will be illustrated by concrete examples and exercises.
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables using specific R packages to illustrate the results
- Interpret the output and report the results
- This one-day workshop will provide attendees with a friendly, gentle introduction to the theory behind hypothesis testing with R.