This hands-on workshop will introduce users of the R software environment to the techniques involved in generating reproducible, dynamic data analyses and reports. Using literate programming approaches, participants will learn to build automated reusable reports in R.
Introduction to Python for researchers (29/30-Mar-2017)
Wed, 29/03/2017 - 09:00 to Thu, 30/03/2017 - 17:00
This hands-on workshop will introduce the building blocks of the Python scripting environment. Participants will learn about basic programming concepts including simple and complex data types, conditionals and looping that are applicable to Python and other languages. This workshop will prepare participants to carry out batch analysis and equip them with the knowledge to start creating automated pipelines to increase data processing power and productivity.
- Fundamental programming concepts and how to apply them in Python
- How to run Python through the integrated development environment
- Using scripting language to automate data analysis pipelines
- Importing functions into Python using modules
- Use Python to read and write data to files
- Perform simple scripting operations using loops and conditionals to carry out batch analyses
- Generate data plots with Python