This 1.5-day workshop will include a short introduction to next-generation sequencing theory and an introduction to Galaxy. The hands-on component of the workshop will cover the concepts of de novo assembly and initial annotation of a genome from short-read NGS data.
Introduction to R (09-May-2017)
Tue, 09/05/2017 - 09:00 to 17:00
This hands-on workshop will introduce the fundamentals of the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language. Participants will learn about the structure of the R language, how to add functionality through packages, and how to process data and generate tables, figures and reports using R.
- The Rstudio integrated development environment
- The format of the R language - variables, data structures and functions
- R language and how to read and understand their documentation
- The import and processing of data within R
- The knitR package for writing reports
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables
- Install and use packages from the Bioconductor R repository
- Create and run functions in R
- Create reports interactively in R
- Write your own R script for data processing