This hands-on workshop will introduce the building blocks of the Python scripting environment. Participants will learn about basic programming concepts including simple and complex data types, conditionals and looping that are applicable to Python and other languages.
RNA-Seq analysis using Galaxy (01-Mar-2017)
This workshop has been postponed to April 2017.
This hands-on workshop introduces the concepts of RNA-Seq analysis, from data preparation through to statistical testing for differential gene expression, along with more advanced topics such as identification of novel transcription features and pathway and functional enrichment analysis.
The workshop will focus on the use of Galaxy, a platform that provides a simple and user-friendly interface to bioinformatics tools, and will also feature an introduction to other freely-available RNA-Seq analysis resources.
Biologists and other life scientists planning to work with RNA-Seq data for differential gene expression. No prior bioinformatics knowledge is required.
- The tools and workflows for RNA-seq analysis
- Analysis of RNA-seq data for organisms with reference genomes
- Web-based and command-line interfaces to bioinformatic tools
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation sequencing data
- Use the Galaxy interface to identify differentially expressed genes from a RNA-Seq experiment
- Identify over-represented gene functions and pathways from a list of differentially expressed genes
- Visualise RNA-Seq data with the Integrative Genome Viewer