RNA-Seq analysis using Galaxy (13-14 Sep 2017)
Wed, 13/09/2017 - 09:00 to Thu, 14/09/2017 - 12:30
This workshop is now full.
Please register your expression of interest for our next RNAseq analysis using Galaxy workshop.
This 1.5 day workshop will include a short introduction to next-generation sequencing theory and an introduction to Galaxy. The hands-on component of the workshop introduces the concepts of RNA-Seq analysis, from data preparation through to statistical testing for differential gene expression, along with more advanced topics such as identification of novel transcription features and pathway and functional enrichment analysis.
The workshop will focus on the use of Galaxy, a platform that provides a simple and user-friendly interface to bioinformatics tools, and will also feature an introduction to other freely-available RNA-Seq analysis resources.
- The tools and workflows for RNA-seq analysis
- Analysis of RNA-seq data for organisms with reference genomes
- Web-based and command-line interfaces to bioinformatic tools
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation sequencing data
- Use the Galaxy interface to identify differentially expressed genes from a RNA-Seq experiment
- Identify over-represented gene functions and pathways from a list of differentially expressed genes
- Visualise RNA-Seq data with the Integrative Genome Viewer