Data preparation, processing and reporting using R
This hands-on workshop will introduce users of the R software environment to the techniques involved in generating reproducible, dynamic data analyses and reports. Using literate programming approaches, participants will learn to build automated reusable reports in R.
Practical exercises will include integration and manipulation of datasets, quality control checking of datasets and how to produce high-quality tables and charts.
Biologists and bioinformaticians wishing to structure and interpret data and generate dynamic reports using R. Prior expertise with R and the command line interface is required, to a level equivalent of that provided by the QFAB workshop “Introduction to R”.
- Import tabular data files into R
- Use R to merge data from two or more files based on common fields
- Extract data from a table and summarise it in both text and graphical formats
- Create a knitR template that combines automated data analysis with free-form text interpretation
- Building dynamic reports for reproducible research with literate programming techniques
- Reformatting data and summarising and integrating datasets
- Generating high-quality graphic presentations of data
- Producing reusable scripts in R