Genome assembly using the command line
This hands-on practical workshop is an introduction to processing high throughput sequencing data and de novo genome assembly.
Biologists and bioinformaticians interested in genome sequencing and the assembly process. Ability to use command-line interface (CLI) commands is required.
- Choosing the appropriate sequencing platform and methods
- Choosing and using the appropriate genome assembly tools
- De novo assembly of a demonstration dataset
- Techniques for post-assembly quality assessment and initial genome annotation
- Refresher to common CLI commands and computer basics
- Sequencing platforms and library preparations
- Overview of de-novo genome assembly workflow and common tools
- Quality control and data filtering
- De novo assembly
- Annotation and visualisation of assembled genome