Introduction to R
This hands-on workshop will introduce the fundamentals of the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language. Participants will learn about the structure of the R language, how to add functionality through packages, and how to process data, generate tables and figures using R.
Researchers looking for analysis capabilities beyond those provided by Excel. No prior knowledge of R is required, but a familiarity with the command-line will be useful. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines.
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables
- Create and run functions in R
- Create reports interactively in R
- Write your own R script for data processing
- Learn the process to install and load external R packages
- The Rstudio integrated development environment
- The format of the R language - variables, data structures and functions
- R language and how to read and understand their documentation
- The import, export and processing of data within R
- Basic plotting using native R plots