Metagenomics using Galaxy
This workshop will cover the concepts of 16S bacterial metagenomics analysis. You will learn about pre-processing and quality -filtering of your data, assembly of reads into Operational Taxonomic Units (OTUs), and visualisation and export of data for further analysis.
The workshop will be based in Galaxy, a platform that provides a simple and user-friendly interface to bioinformatics tools.
Biologists and other life scientists planning to work with next-generation sequencing data from 16S metagenomics samples. No previous bioinformatics experience is required.
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation metagenomic sequence data
- Use the Galaxy interface to classify sample sequences into OTUs
- Visualise OTUs between samples in an interactive Krona plot
- Exporting of OTUs and Krona plots for further analysis
- What is Metagenomic analysis and what types of results can be generated
- Quality control and filtering of next-generation sequencing data
- Mapping of sequence data to known microbial databases
- Clustering and classification of each sequence into OTUs
- Visualisation of OTUs on a Krona plot