This 1.5-day workshop will include a short introduction to next-generation sequencing theory and an introduction to Galaxy. The hands-on component of the workshop will cover the concepts of de novo assembly and initial annotation of a genome from short-read NGS data.
Design and analysis of surveys (22 June 2018)
Fri, 22/06/2018 - 09:00 to 12:30
Health and Social Science professionals wishing to collect and analyse subjective information from a study group.
- Ethics and confidentiality of surveys
- Sample size estimation
- Survey instrument and response biases
- Maximising response rates and quality information
- The Likert scale, reliability and validity
- Common pitfalls of surveys
- Comparison of responses between groups
- Effectively frame a survey question
- Generate your own surveys using SurveyMonkey
- Generate a summary report based on the responses