This one-day workshop aims to increase participants understanding of the principles, methods, and interpretation of regression models using the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language.
Genome assembly using Galaxy
Biologists and bioinformaticians interested in genome sequencing and the assembly process, particularly for bacteria. No prior bioinformatics knowledge is required.
- Tools and workflows of de novo genome assembly
- Online resources for bacterial genome annotation
- Identifying genomic features of interest, including insertions, deletions and duplications
- Use of the Galaxy platform for genome analysis
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation sequencing data
- Carry out a bacterial genome assembly using the Galaxy interface
- Generate preliminary annotation data for a bacterial genome sequence
- Use comparative genomics approaches to identify large genomic insertions and deletions