This half day workshop will present how to construct surveys and questionnaires to maximise the number of respondents, correctly target the information required, ensure valid responses are provided, and successfully analyse the results.
Genome assembly using Galaxy
Biologists and bioinformaticians interested in genome sequencing and the assembly process, particularly for bacteria. No prior bioinformatics knowledge is required.
- Tools and workflows of de novo genome assembly
- Online resources for bacterial genome annotation
- Identifying genomic features of interest, including insertions, deletions and duplications
- Use of the Galaxy platform for genome analysis
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation sequencing data
- Carry out a bacterial genome assembly using the Galaxy interface
- Generate preliminary annotation data for a bacterial genome sequence
- Use comparative genomics approaches to identify large genomic insertions and deletions