Hypothesis testing using R (12 October 2018)
Fri, 12/10/2018 - 09:00 to 17:00
This workshop is relevant to biologists, researchers, psychologists, economists and generally any student who wishes to understand how to choose the right statistical test depending on the context/condition and to conduct the analysis by themselves using R. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will focus on biological datasets. Prior knowledge of R is required (Introduction to R workshop is strongly recommended) as the basics of R will not be covered. Register before the 7th October 2018 and get 50% discount (for QFAB members only).
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables using specific R packages to illustrate the results
- Interpret the output and report the results
- This one-day workshop will provide attendees with a friendly, gentle introduction to the theory behind hypothesis testing with R.