The workshop provides an introduction to REDCap for the development and management of registries and surveys through hands on exercises. The skills can maximise the value of the data being captured in clinical studies. No prior statistical or computing knowledge is required.
Hypothesis testing using R (20 August 2018)
Mon, 20/08/2018 - 09:00 to 17:00
This workshop is relevant to biologists, researchers, psychologists, economists and generally any student who wishes to understand how to choose the right statistical test depending on the context/condition and to conduct the analysis by themselves using R. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will focus on biological datasets. Prior knowledge of R is required (Introduction to R workshop is strongly recommended) as the basics of R will not be covered. Register before the 13th August 2018 and get 50% discount (for QFAB members only).
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables using specific R packages to illustrate the results
- Interpret the output and report the results
- This one-day workshop will provide attendees with a friendly, gentle introduction to the theory behind hypothesis testing with R.