This half day workshop will present how to construct surveys and questionnaires to maximise the number of respondents, correctly target the information required, ensure valid responses are provided, and successfully analyse the results.
Hypothesis testing using R (25 May 2018)
Fri, 25/05/2018 - 09:00 to 17:00
This workshop is relevant to biologists, researchers, psychologists, economists and generally any student who wishes to understand how to choose the right statistical test depending on the context/condition and to conduct the analysis by themselves using R. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will focus on biological datasets. Prior knowledge of R is required (Introduction to R workshop is strongly recommended) as the basics of R will not be covered. Register before the 4th May 2018 and get 50% discount with the code MemberEarlyBird (for QFAB members only).
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables using specific R packages to illustrate the results
- Interpret the output and report the results
- This one-day workshop will provide attendees with a friendly, gentle introduction to the theory behind hypothesis testing with R.