This one-day workshop aims to increase participants understanding of the principles, methods, and interpretation of statistical models for longitudinal data using the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language.
Introduction to R (20 July 2018)
Fri, 20/07/2018 - 09:00 to 17:00
Researchers looking for analysis capabilities beyond those provided by Excel. No prior knowledge of R is required, but a familiarity with the command-line will be useful. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will focus on biological datasets. Register before 6th July 2018 and get 50% discount with the code MemberEarlyBird (QFAB members only).
- The Rstudio integrated development environment
- The format of the R language - variables, data structures and functions
- R language and how to read and understand their documentation
- The import and processing of data within R
- The knitR package for writing reports
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables
- Install and use packages from the Bioconductor R repository
- Create and run functions in R
- Create reports interactively in R
- Write your own R script for data processing