This half day workshop will present how to construct surveys and questionnaires to maximise the number of respondents, correctly target the information required, ensure valid responses are provided, and successfully analyse the results.
Introduction to R (27 April 2018) FULLY BOOKED
Fri, 27/04/2018 - 09:00 to 17:00
Researchers looking for analysis capabilities beyond those provided by Excel. No prior knowledge of R is required, but a familiarity with the command-line will be useful. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will focus on biological datasets. Register before 15 April 2018 and get 50% discount with the code MemberEarlyBird (QFAB members only). This workshop is now full. The next one will be presented on the 20th July.
- The Rstudio integrated development environment
- The format of the R language - variables, data structures and functions
- R language and how to read and understand their documentation
- The import and processing of data within R
- The knitR package for writing reports
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables
- Install and use packages from the Bioconductor R repository
- Create and run functions in R
- Create reports interactively in R
- Write your own R script for data processing