This one-day workshop aims to increase participants understanding of the principles, methods, and interpretation of regression models using the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language.
RNA-Seq analysis using Galaxy (1-2 May 2018) FULLY BOOKED
Tue, 01/05/2018 - 09:00 to Wed, 02/05/2018 - 12:30
Biologists and other life scientists planning to work with RNA-Seq data for differential gene expression. No prior bioinformatics knowledge is required. The workshop is now fully booked. The next one will be on 7th August 2018.
- The tools and workflows for RNA-seq analysis
- Analysis of RNA-seq data for organisms with reference genomes
- Web-based and command-line interfaces to bioinformatic tools
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation sequencing data
- Use the Galaxy interface to identify differentially expressed genes from a RNA-Seq experiment
- Identify over-represented gene functions and pathways from a list of differentially expressed genes
- Visualise RNA-Seq data with the Integrative Genome Viewer