The workshop provides an introduction to REDCap for the development and management of registries and surveys through hands on exercises. The skills can maximise the value of the data being captured in clinical studies. No prior statistical or computing knowledge is required.
RNA-Seq analysis using Galaxy (15-16 Nov 2017)
Wed, 15/11/2017 - 09:00 to Thu, 16/11/2017 - 12:30
Biologists and other life scientists planning to work with RNA-Seq data for differential gene expression. No prior bioinformatics knowledge is required.
- The tools and workflows for RNA-seq analysis
- Analysis of RNA-seq data for organisms with reference genomes
- Web-based and command-line interfaces to bioinformatic tools
- Perform QC evaluation and filtering on next-generation sequencing data
- Use the Galaxy interface to identify differentially expressed genes from a RNA-Seq experiment
- Identify over-represented gene functions and pathways from a list of differentially expressed genes
- Visualise RNA-Seq data with the Integrative Genome Viewer