The workshop provides an introduction to REDCap for the development and management of registries and surveys through hands on exercises. The skills can maximise the value of the data being captured in clinical studies. No prior statistical or computing knowledge is required.
Using the R statistical environment - Introduction to R ( 1 day)
Mon, 01/04/2019 - 09:00 to 17:00
Researchers looking for analysis capabilities beyond those provided by Excel. No prior knowledge of R is required, but a familiarity with the command-line will be useful. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will focus on biological datasets. Register before 2nd September 2018 and get 50% discount (QFAB members only).
- The Rstudio integrated development environment
- The format of the R language - variables, data structures and functions
- R language and how to read and understand their documentation
- The import and processing of data within R
- The knitR package for writing reports
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables
- Install and use packages from the Bioconductor R repository
- Create and run functions in R
- Create reports interactively in R
- Write your own R script for data processing